Reaching Home Community Entity
As of April 2020, Namerind Housing Corporation serves as the Community Entity (CE) for the Government of Canada’s Reaching Home homelessness strategy in Regina. The Government of Canada launched Reaching Home: Canada’s Homelessness Strategy in 2019 following the conclusion of the Homelessness Partnering Strategy. Reaching Home provides direct federal funding for communities across Canada to support their efforts in addressing local needs and specific homelessness priorities.
As the CE, Namerind Housing Corporation is administering more than $2.9 million in Reaching Home funds during 2020-21 to support vulnerable Regina populations in gaining and/or maintaining safe, stable and affordable housing.
Namerind Housing Corporation, as the Reaching Home Community Entity, works closely with the Regina Homelessness Community Advisory Board (RHCAB). Click here to read more about Namerind and RHCAB.
The Government of Canada defines the Community Entity’s role as follows:
- Providing administrative and other supports to the Community Advisory Board (CAB)
- Receiving all requests for funding
- Working with community stakeholders to oversee the development and implementation of a systems-based approach to addressing homelessness
- Supporting a transition to an outcomes-based approach
- Soliciting proposals for community projects
- Approving projects recommended by the Community Advisory Board in accordance with program terms and conditions
- Contracting and monitoring all projects
- Reporting on its activities and disbursement of funds
- Collecting and sharing data and information
- Reporting on results and outcomes of all funded projects
- Submitting annual work plans
- Monitoring and reporting on the development, implementation and success of the community plan including identified gaps in services that have been filled and those remaining, new partnerships forged, and the extent to which priorities have been met through sub-projects.
Regina Community Entity Office
Please direct all inquiries to:
Manager of Indigenous Relations & Partnership for Reaching Home
Reaching Home Projects Accounting Clerk